This essential oil has been used since the 16th century in various cultures, especially in South America where it originates. We harvest it from the resin of copaiba trees and include four different species of the Copaiba tree to ensure you get all the benefits possible.
The essential oil is steam distilled from the copaiba oleoresin, a substance made up of resin and essential oils. The collection process of the oleoresin is unique among essential oils—it is tapped from the tree in a similar way to how maple trees are for their syrup. The oleoresin is then steam distilled to produce the essential oil. Interestingly, a single tree may offer up to twelve gallons of oil each season!
Copaiba’s main chemical component is beta-caryophyllene, a chemical similar to cannabinoids found in cannabis that may protect nerve cells and have benefits for the cardiovascular and immune systems. Beta-caryophyllene is an anti-inflammatory agent. (2) However, while caryophyllene is responsible for some of the bioactive properties of Copaiba, many of the other properties of the oil are thanks to the diterpenes uniquely found in Copaiba.
The key is to use certified pure essential oils, making sure that you're not putting synthetic ingredients on your skin, inhaling them into your lungs, or ingesting them. Find out how to get the best price on certified pure essential oils.
Below is a list of 11 best copaiba oil benefits.
- Skin - Copaiba can keep your skin clean and clear. Add a few drops to your moisturizer or toner.
- Overall Wellness - Copaiba supports the cardiovascular, immune, digestive, nervous, and immune system. Try adding one to two drops to warm water and honey or place under tongue daily.
- Calm Anxious Feelings - when you’re feeling stressed or worried, diffuse some copaiba or wear it on aromatherapy jewelry.
- Cologne - Copaiba blends well with Roman Chamomile, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Frankincense, or Ylang Ylang. Create your own personal fragrance in a roller bottle, and then fill the rest of the bottle with Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Unwind - Add 2 to 3 drops to body wash when bathing.
- Occasional Body Discomfort - Mix up a 10ml roller bottle with 10 copaiba, 5 drops frankincense, 5 drops deep blue and 5 drops aromatouch. Top with fractionated coconut oil. Roll on location.
- Protects the Liver - A diuretic in nature, Copaiba can also help with detoxing your liver and stimulating urine production. Some have found success for incontinence and bedwetting as well. Copaiba will restore damage caused by over the counter meds. (3) Take 1-2 drops in a veggie cap filled with olive oil 2x a day. Take with food.
- Oral Health - Copaiba is effective against threats inside your mouth. Fighting against tooth decay and candida overgrowth. (4)
- Respiratory - support clear breathing by diffusing or adding several drops to an aroma inhaler. Inhale deeply multiple times a day.
- Digestive Support - regulate and support a healthy digestion by adding one to two drops to a veggie cap filled with olive oil 2x a day. Take with food.
- Brain Health - A research study published in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine looked at how copaiba oil-resin (COR) could be neuroprotective after neural disorders. The study used adult rats to investigate the anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective effects of COR after acute damage to the motor cortex. The results of the study suggested that “COR treatment induces neuroprotection by modulating inflammatory response following an acute damage to the central nervous system.” (1)