Let me ask you a few questions:
- What if you could be empowered to help your child with life’s little emergencies?
- What if you could learn simple ways to improve your child's health?
- What if you could change the next generation to see healthcare differently?
I always remind parents that Essential Oils are not new or novel. They have been in existence for thousands of years and have been health supporting agents for our ancestor’s ancestors!!! Essential oils contain constituents that will be recognized by our body. Rest assured that if you use essential oils on your children, you’re not inventing the wheel.
There are three ways to use essential oils:
When you apply your oils to areas of the body that need support, they reach the bloodstream within 20 seconds and are then distributed throughout the body within 20 minutes. It's best to dilute the oils in fractionated coconut oil to avoid skin sensitivity and ALWAYS dilute for children.
The bottoms of the feet are a great place to apply the oils as it's the most porous section of the skin allowing for quick absorption. You can also apply on the back of the neck or along the spine. You can download our free essential oil dilution chart at naturalmamashop.com.
Put a drop in the palm of your hands, cup your hands to your nose and inhale - WOW!!!!
Diffusing is also a great way to get benefits from the oils. They can support respiratory functions and enhance moods. Most children love having a diffuser in their bedrooms to help them sleep at night, open airways and boost immune.
dōTERRA® is the ONLY brand of oil I would trust to use internally for my family. The ideal amount for a child is 1-2 drops and no more than 12 drops in 24 hours. Most issues can be remedied with topical and aromatic use for children. While essential oils are powerful and potent, I like to make blends to be rubbed topically on my children rather than ingesting them. There are some occasions when internal use is necessary. Diluting with olive oil is always a good idea especially with children.
Now, let's get on with the recipes.
1. It is called ‘ENERGIZE YOUR MORNING’ and it consists of the following oils:
- Citrus Bliss
You can put these oils in a roller bottle with fractionated coconut oil or simply put a few drops of each in their diffuser. Not only will it wake them up but it will boost their immune for the day ahead. Check out my Essential Oil dilution chart at the end of this post.
2. The perfect dōTERRA® oils to support your children with staying focused include:
- Clary Sage
Parents should either diffuse or apply topically on pulse points, bottoms of the feet, or the back of the neck.
Essential oils have overlaping properties and since each person has a different chemical makeup you need to test the oils to determine which oil helps you the most. So for focus, I would try intune first. It comes in a roller bottle ready to apply topically. If they need more, you could add rosemary or vetiver to the intune blend or simply try a few of the other oils together such as rosemary, peppermint, vetiver and lemon.
3. If your child is a little too hyper or needs to calm down you can add the calming blend also known as Serenity to the bath tub, diffuse it in their room before bedtime, or apply it to their back or feet before school.
This is a must-have in your arsenal and it is guaranteed to come in handy!
You can also consider Lavender oil or the Balance blend and apply either of these to their pillow which will have them resting in minutes.
4. When children suffer, it is the worst! Even if they only have a scratch on their leg or a bruise on their arm, parents often experience this pain with their child.
A protocol that I highly recommend to support your child in their time of need is the following:
- 1-2 drop geranium
- 3-4 drops rosemary
- 1-2 drops lavender
- 2 washcloths
- 2 bowls
Directions: One bowl should be hot water and the other should be cold. Add the above ingredients to each bowl and then soak the washcloth. Alternate between hot and cold on the bruised area.
5. I bet you love when you kids come home with their sweaty soccer cleats and they leave them in your dining room.
I have the perfect blend for you which eliminates odors and you can diffuse this minutes before your kids get home to prevent the nasty child sweat from infiltrating your home.
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 drop melaleuca essential oil
- 1 drop cilantro essential oil
- 1 drop lime essential oil
6. I get asked on a regular basis for ways to help their child when seasons are changing and their immune system is compromised. I always recommend having oils diffusing in the home because the benefits are far and wide and often unexpected, but to specifically help with seasons support, try this wonderful protocol:
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
7. If you want to be the coolest parent on the block, then you must diffuse the candy store protocol consisting of 2 drops wild orange and 2 drops wintergreen.
8. You never know where your children will put their hands or when they will clean them.
This is why I recommended that ALL parents make their own dōTERRA® On Guard® hand cleansing spray so that you can create your own harmless (and very convenient) hand sanitizer:
- 20 drops dōTERRA® On Guard Protective Blend
- 4 ounce spray bottle, glass
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- Top with Water
Or you can purchase onguard hand sanitizer.
9. Earn some brownie points for your son and/or daughter by giving the gift of Essential Oils to their teacher!
Consider our special vibrant teacher protocol in a rollerball:
- 2 drops of Orange
- 2 drops of Grapefruit
- 2 drops of Bergamot
- 2 drops of Clary Sage
- 2 drops of Frankincense
- Top with fractionated coconut oil
This will uplift her mood, balance hormones, increase energy and promote overall health.
10. I call this protocol the ‘Ultimate Stain Remover’ and it is very easy to make and void of any toxins.
Simply combine ½ white vinegar and 20 drops of dōTERRA® lemon Essential Oil into an 8-ounce glass spray bottle and you are set!
One spray on clothing, wash and it’s back to new!
11. I always encourage parents to utilize my healthy kid formula consisting of dōTERRA® Essential Oils.
Check out this awesome recipe:
- 10ml roller bottle
- 2 drops of Thyme
- 2 drops of Orange
- 2 drops of Clove
- 2 drops of Cinnamon
- Fill with Fractionated Coconut Oil
Roll on the bottom of the feet daily for a healthy immune.
Need some of these oils? Learn more about our wholesale option.
Shop related products: