Schools out for summer… and the kids are HUNGRY!
Treat them with tasty, peppermint infused brownies or cookies to help satisfy their endless cravings during sleepovers or snack time.
Simply add two drops of Peppermint essential oil to your preferred brownie or cookie batter before baking and voila!
We’ve included a healthier version of brownies called Black Bean Brownie. Black beans are very mild in flavor and packed with protein. You can also boost the flavor of your brownie with essential oils such as Peppermint, Wild Orange, Cinnamon, or even Lavender.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup honey
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2–4 drops Peppermint oil
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place all ingredients, except for chocolate chips, in blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into large bowl and stir in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased 8x8-inch pan and top with ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake 30–35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.