Having ups and downs in your libido is only human. It’s simply not realistic to always be “on” even when you’re in the presence of a loved one. Usually, the root cause of a lull in the bedroom is stress!
Some of my favorite essential oils, which we’ll discuss shortly, not only help to reduce this stress, but also boost the libido all in one.
If you have ever enjoyed the scent of a rose, you’ve experienced the aromatic qualities of essential oils. These naturally occurring, volatile aromatic compounds are found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. They can be both beautifully and powerfully fragrant.
Inhaling these smells stimulates the olfactory system, the part of the brain connected to smell, and can, in turn, affect your mood!
Here's 7 of my favorite essential oils to enhance libido:
1. Use black pepper essential oil in minute amounts alongside other essential oils to add depth and a spicy top note to pique intimate interest. This warm, spicy scent is known to strengthen circulation and can stimulate appetite... both literally and sexually! Pairs best with floral essential oils like ylang ylang, rose, or jasmine.
2. Jasmine enhances the mood and the energy. This sweet, rich scent is said to work especially well for arousing women. The sultry smell has been highly regarded for its influence over sexual troubles. Using it in a diffuser or adding a drop or two to a massage oil will bring a light, happy mood to those who use it.
3. Fresh, cooling, and penetrating, the smell of peppermint gives us a sense of clarity and refreshment! When used in a massage oil, peppermint oil can add a tingling coolness. Pair it with black pepper for a warming AND cooling sensation that’s fun to play around with!
4. The scent of rose is supposedly good for the heart - emotionally and physically. It also helps to improve the circulatory system. The aroma of rose is sensual, uplifting, and is perfect for pillow sprays or massage oils.
5. Bergamot has a spicy yet slightly-sweet aroma and has been found to increase the number of amino acids in the brain, which trigger heightened levels of sex hormones, helping to increase libido in both men and women. The scent of bergamot can “soften” more intense oils like ylang ylang, be used to complement more low-key scents like jasmine, coriander, rose, or lavender, or be used all on its own.
6. Considered as one of the most powerful aphrodisiacs, ylang ylang increases libido and attraction between lovers. It energizes you, intensifies eroticism and is good for sexual experimentation. Its floral scent increases sexual desire, encourages attraction, and supports the circulatory system. Ylang Ylang is my favorite natural way to enhance libido.
7. As an aphrodisiac, clary sage works by affecting the hormonal system to boost the mood and alleviate feelings of self doubt, sadness, low-spirits . It’s deep, sweet, and nutty flavor helps calm stress and lessen inhibitions to boost sexual desire.
One of the best ways to incorporate oils is to create a spritzer!
Just add 10-15 drops of your favorite oil or oils to a 2-ounce spray bottle of water, then spray on your bedding, pillows, or lingerie so the scent of the oils can mix and mingle with your natural pheromones.
Try this mix:
- 6 drops sandalwood
- 4 drops ylang ylang
- 3 drops geranium
- 2 oz of distilled water
Shake well before each use!
Keep this information in mind so that you can go forth with maximum success:
-This guide is not a substitute for medical advice. If you have an issue that is seriously disrupting your life, talk to a medical professional!
-If you have sensitive skin, use a carrier oil (like fractionated coconut) to cut the potency of pure essential oil. While you can apply some oils directly to your skin without a carrier, be sure that it’s safe first. When in doubt, use a carrier oil!
-Keep essential oils stored in a dark, dry place to keep them at their most powerful.
-Oils stain clothing, towels, and furniture, so be careful!-Avoid using metal or plastic utensils or containers to mix or apply essential oils, stick to glass or ceramic instead!
More questions? Now’s the time to ask!