We've included 4 tips on how to detangle hair naturally!
Detangling hair naturally can promote thicker, fuller, healthier hair. Hair can become dry or damaged in number of ways. Dyeing, processing, and the regular use of certain products like hairspray can alter the structure of your hair. The result is often dry hair prone to tangles and breaks. If this sounds like your hair, don’t worry! There are a number of methods you can use to detangle hair naturally.
1. Wet the hair with our natural hair detangler recipe.
- 4 ounce (preferably glass) spray bottle
- 2 tbs. Vitamin E oil
- 2 tbs. Glycerin
- 6-10 drops Lavender essential oil
Combine all ingredients in the spray bottle and fill with water. Shake, then spray on wet or dry hair as a natural detangling spray or leave-in conditioner.
2. Work through tangles with your fingers first. Gently pull apart the tangles and rake your fingers downward through the knots.
3. Use a wide toothed comb to gentle remove the tangles. Use gentle, light strokes when combing your hair out. Start by holding your hair mid-shaft and combing from the bottom of your hair. Work your way toward the top of your head.
4. The best way to keep your hair from tangling at night is to braid it or french braid it at night before bedtime. You can even put in some leave-in conditioner or detangling spray beforehand to wake up to gorgeous waves. If you don’t want the waves, you can tie your hair directly on the top of your head in a very loose bun. The bun will keep your hair from your face and all in one place! Just make sure the bun is in a loose knot, so you don’t wake up with dents in your hair.